Card Setup Instructions
If this is your first Paylater loan, your debit/ATM card needs to be setup in order for your instant loan to be disbursed to your account. Please click ‘Setup Debit/ATM Card’ in the app and add a card to be used for repayment. For your convenience, we’ll deduct your repayment automatically on your due date.
Please note: You may need to have at least NGN100 in the account linked to the card for setup to be successful. Card setup is only required once, as long as your card is valid.
Click on your card type below for instructions
This site is protected with Verified by Visa (VbV), Visa Password-Protected Identity Checking Service, and requires that the card is enrolled to participate in the VbV program. If your Visa Card issued by Nigerian Banks is not enrolled, kindly follow the steps outlined below.
- Locate the nearest VISA/VPAY enabled ATM
- Insert your card and punch in your PIN
- Select the PIN change option
- Select Internet PIN (i-PIN) change option
- Insert any four – six digits of your choice as your i-PIN
- Re-enter the digits entered in previous step
If you have done the above correctly, a message is displayed that your PIN was changed successfully. This means your card is now enrolled in the VbV program and you have an Internet PIN (i-PIN) which can be used for any internet related transaction.
You can now open the Paylater app and complete your debit card setup, using your created i-PIN details.
- This is only for internet related transactions and it does not change your regular PIN on ATM and POS.
- The words “i-PIN”, “Password” and “VbV Code” are the same.
Setting up your card on Paylater requires a MasterCard SecureCode (MCSC).
MCSC is designed to enable you (cardholder) make safer internet purchase transactions by authenticating your identity at the time of purchase in order to protect you from unauthorized usage of your MasterCard.
MasterCard SecureCode password is strictly for online transactions and it is
different from your regular Personal Identification Number (PIN) used for ATM and POS transactions.
Please follow the steps below to obtain and use your MasterCard SecureCode:
- Open the Paylater app and click the Setup Card button on the Check Loan Status page
- Enter your MasterCard card details such as Card Number, CVV2, Name on card, Expiry date and click OK
- You will be redirected to your bank’s website, kindly follow the process to completion, as advised by your bank
- The next time you use your card online – with Paylater or at any other online merchant, simply enter the MCSC Password and any Secret Questions (if any) you created if required by your bank.
- Complete your debit card setup, using your created MCSC details.
The activation process is determined by your bank. Should you encounter any problem, please contact your bank.
- Go to your bank’s nearest ATM
- Insert your ATM card
- Enter your 4-digit ATM PIN and press ENTER
- Select your bank account type. Either SAVINGS or CURRENT account
- Select the QUICKTELLER option from the ATM screen
- Select PAY BILLS from the Quickteller menu list
- Select OTHERS from the Bill Payment menu option list
- Enter 322222 as the Biller Code
- Enter your PHONE NUMBER as the CUSTOMER REFERENCE NUMBER
- Select PROCEED or CONTINUE
- The message “Do you want to make this payment? Amount Due: N1” would be shown on the screen
- DO NOT change the amount to be paid
- Click on Pay Amount Due
- A confirmation page showing successful registration of your Verve Safetoken would be shown